CultureSafe NZ is unique in it’s ability to address workplace bullying
due to its thorough appreciation of these basic principles that;
Employers have an obligation to provide a safe working environment as required by the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
Workplace bullying is characterised as a serious hazard under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
In order to determine that the bullying threshold has been reached, the accumulative impact of repeated bullying behaviours over a period of time must be considered.
All evidence relating to the bullying experienced by a victim must be reviewed.
Semantic legal arguments should not be accepted in defence of an Employer who has not complied with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and these employers should be held to account.
It is immoral to avoid Health and Safety obligations and illegitimate to evade them.
Bullying is a significant workplace health and safety hazard.
Despite the establishment of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, management consultants continue to regard workplace bullying solely as an Employment Relations issue. As a consequence bullying in the workplace remains a significant problem for NZ businesses and its employees seldom achieve satisfactory resolution, usually by leaving the place of employment and an expensive legal battle to the Employment Relations Authority.
There are no winners using this approach.
The management of workplace bullying as a workplace health and safety hazard is more effective for both the employer and employees than by simply considering it an employment issue.
CultureSafe NZ in the news
- Listen to Founder and Director Allan Halse podcasts from the Radio
- Check out the latest Press opinion
- More on our Media and Events pages
Culture Safe NZ benefits the employer through:
- reduced compliance costs using existing H&S processes
- elimination of personal conflict through impartial fact based assessment
- reduction in employment relationship issues
- higher levels of staff retention and reduced recruitment expenditure
- higher productivity
- a reputation as an employer of choice
Culture Safe NZ benefits for employees are:
- retention of employment and improvement or working conditions
- reduced health impacts
- greater job satisfaction
- limited confrontation with employer